Iran Visa for Indians
The Islamic Republic of Iran has many interesting sites,rich culture, and spectacular monuments. It attracts many visitors from allover the world. You may travel to Iran for sightseeing, cycling,mountaineering, etc. Although as a tourist you are not allowed to work or run abusiness in Iran. So, Iran tourist visa will be granted to those who want totravel to Iran and go back to their country.
Each person with a different nationality than Iran who is wishing to enter this country must obtain an Iran Visa. There are various types of visas ranging from a tourist visa to an immigrant visa.
Depending on the demand and qualifications of the foreignersthe embassy may issue different visa types. However, we suggest that youreceive your visa before traveling to Iran and before the arranged departuredate. Hogo Travel will help you in the process. You can sit back and let us dothe job for you.
The visa types fall under two major categories:
- Non-immigrant visa (for those who stay in Iran temporarily)
- Immigrant visa (for those who want to stay in Iran permanently)
In this article, our main focus is on those who wish to stay in Iran for a short while or those who want to receive an Iranian Tourist Visa.
Foreign travelers who wish to visit Iran for touristic purposes or those who travel to Iran for medical treatments are eligible to apply for this visa. Iran visa is valid for 3 months (in other words you can enter Iran for up to 90 days after the issuing date). In addition, Maximum duration of stay is 30 days. You are also able to extend it for three times inside Iran. However, the applicant can apply for a visa through an embassy or consulate of Iran in the desired country or upon arrival at Iran’s international airports.
If you don’t want to get rejected or not to be allowed toenter Iran (not getting a visa on arrival), you can fill a Visa ApplicationForm through our website and make the process a lot easier.
Two ways of obtaining Iran Visa:
Completing an E-Visa Application Form is mandatory either bythe applicant or by the travel agency before flying to Iran. It will take atleast 48 hours to be approved. It might also be eligible for you to get a VisaOn Arrival (VOA) so it is not always necessary. However, we recommend gettingyour visa before the departure, since there is the possibility of rejection.The procedure is simple; you just need to take the following steps:
- Fill out our online VisaApplication Form
- Wait for the confirmationreceipt and payment methods
- Pay the visa fee
- Receive the VisaAuthorization Code after the process of the sent application
- Refer to the Iranianembassy or consulate in order to obtain your visa
After the process is done you are able to explore Iran forup to 30 days and you can enter Iran within 90 days after the Visa is issued.
Iran Visa On Arrival (VOA)
It is another way of obtaining Iran Visa that you are ableto pick up your visa at any of the international airports in Iran; theseairports include Imam Khomeini Airport (IKA) in Tehran, Mehrabad Airport ofTehran, Shiraz Airport, Mashhad Airport, and Tabriz Airport. But it might berisky to get a VOA.
After arriving at the airport, you will see a Visa on Arrival sign. In case you couldn’t see the sign ask the staff and they can direct you. You only need to fill a simple form with all the information, validate your travel insurance and get it stamped in another counter, pay the fee and submit your passport at the counter. Then you have to sit and wait for about 15 to 20 minutes. Once your name is called, you should pick up your passport and go to the immigration counter.
You’ll need to submit the following documents in order toget an Iran Visa on Arrival:
- A passport with at least 6months of validity
- A confirmed return ticketwithin 30 days time frame
- A photo for attaching tothe Iran Visa Application form
- Valid travel insurance toshow to the related counter (in case you don’t have one, you can buy oneonline)
- Visa stamp fee (which youshould pay to the Iran visa and passport counter at the airport): The costdepends on the nationality of the applicants.
- A hotel reservation voucheror an invitation letter: the invitation letter should be sent by the travelagency at least 48 hours before arriving at the airport.
The process of obtaining an Iran Visa on Arrival is now alot easier, despite the invitation letter, getting an authorization code andembassy interviews that have been mandatory for a few years. But overall we cansay that the process is getting easier.
Note: Iran Visa on Arrival will not be granted to the citizens of the US, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, India, and Pakistan.
Setting planning and familiarization with the requirements aside, you can present your visa application at the nearest embassy or consulate of the Islamic Republic of Iran. In some countries such as the US or UK, you are able to send your visa application to the Iranian embassy through mailing and they will send you back the stamped visa if you are eligible to get one. We recommend that you consult with a reliable agency, so you wouldn’t get rejected.
Fees you have to pay to get an Iranian visa
Based on the different procedures, steps you take to obtainan Iran visa and your nationality you need to pay different amounts from 10-150Euros to receive Iran VOA.
The visa stamp fee cost depends on your passport and your nationality (it depends on the applicant’s country of origin). The amount is decided by the reciprocity in regards to the costs of the Iran Visa fee. It is worth mentioning that only local credit cards are accepted and any Non-Iranian debit or credit card is not accepted. You are required to pay the fee in cash and also in Euros.
The following table shows the costs mentioned by Iran MFA in2019. Though, the cost may change by the time you arrive at Iran airports. Sowe suggest bringing enough cash with you to avoid any inconvenience
Hogo Travel can apply for the visa authorization number on your behalf. We will provide the visa authorization number with a reasonable amount. Yet the stamp fee cost changes due to your nationality and also the embassy or consulate through which you get your visa stamped. Generally, it is less than the price you pay for VOA.
In addition to the visa fee and the service fee, you are required to have valid insurance which mentions Iran clearly; otherwise, you need to buy one. But you shouldn’t be worried as it costs 14-20 Euros. You can purchase the insurance at the airport or in advance or through Hogo Travel.
Useful tips about what you should know before applying
Read these tips if you are willing to apply for a visa online, in order to avoid any rejection:
1) Visa Types: The e-visa portal is defined for allforms of visa, so you should not be worried. However, the citizens of somecountries should apply in person through the relevant embassy or consulates ofthe Islamic Republic of Iran.
2) Passport Expiration date: Applying through theelectronic visa portal requires a passport with at least six months of validityadded to the travel date. So you have to make sure that it is valid for atleast six months after the travel date.
3) The Validity of Visa: After receiving your visasticker you have to read the expiration date. If you fail to enter Iran withinthe time limit it expires and you cannot enter Iran and you are required toapply for a visa again.
4) The Eligibility of Visa: The citizens of some countries are not allowed to enter the Islamic Republic of Iran. So, no visa will be issued for their citizens due to diplomatic and political conflicts.
Free Iran Tourist Visa
Generally, you cannot enter Iran visa without paying the visa fees but eight countries are eligible to get an Iran Visa for free. These countries are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Bolivia, Georgia, Malaysia, Syria, and Venezuela.
If you are not holding the passport of one of thesecountries you have to pay the visa fee.
Exception: If you enter through the Kish Island(located in the southern region and inside the Persian Gulf) and you are thecitizen of countries eligible for VOA you can get a free 14-day Iran touristvisa. However, as we said above Pakistani citizens need to get a visabeforehand.
Iran Visa Extension
It is really cheap and quite easy to extend your Iran Visa.Visitors can stay in Iran for up to 30 days, even though Iran tourist visa isvalid for 3 months. However, you can extend your visa at most two times withoutdifficulty. A 30-day visa plus two times extension give you 90 days. You canapply for your Iran visa extension through any Police Office of Foreign Aliensin major cities.
The documents required for extending your Iran Visa:
In order to have your visa extended, you need to submit thefollowing documents to the office:
- Your passport
- A copy of your passport
- Two passport-size photos (for women it should be with head-scarves)
- Your current visa or e-visa document
- Filled out the visa extension form
- Visa extension payment receipt. The cost of renewing your visa is approximately 345,000 Rials which you must pay in cash at the Melli Bank.
The place where you can extend your visa:
You can extend your Iran visa at Police Offices of ForeignAliens in major cities as follows:
Tehran: You can extend your visa in Tehran at twoimmigration offices. One is placed in Dr. Fatemi Junction, towards Vali-e AsrAvenue and the other is located near Sepah Square. It is somehow difficult toextend your visa in Tehran and your extension will be partial rather than thirtydays.
Mashhad: The immigration office of Mashhad islocated on Rahnamaee St. You can also apply for Afghan visa in this city becauseit is easier to apply in Mashhad than in the capital.
Shiraz: The best place to extend your visa is in Shiraz.Extending your visa is quite easy and quick in this city. The immigrationoffice is located on Moddarres Blvd, near Vali-e Asr Square.
Isfahan: You can extend your Iranian visa in Isfahan from the immigration office near Azadi Sq, on Roudaki St.
Yazd: The immigration office is located nearAbouzar square, Kashani St. It may take more than a day for your extension tobe ready.
Tabriz: It is not the ideal place to extend your visa and we recommend not extending your visa in this city; since there have been many rejections reported in this city.
Note: Workdays of the offices are from Saturday to Wednesday, from 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM. As they are often crowded we recommended referring to the office early in the morning.
Tips for Visa Extension
1. Apply to extend your visa 1 to 3 days (not earlier)before the expiration of your current visa.
2. For Women, the photo must be with hijab (headscarf).
3. A few questions might be asked from you at the visaextension counter, such as:
- Why do you want to extend your visa?
- How many more days do you want to extend your visa?
- Where are you staying during your trip?
- Are you here for pleasure or work?
- What do you do?
- Do not mention that you’re staying at a friend’s house. The authorities are very strict about it. Rather, tell them you are staying at a hotel. You can name the hotels you previously stayed in order to convince them completely.
- There is no need to worry if they do not know English at the Melli Bank. Simply say the word “Visa” and they will help you.