Iran Visa for Indians
Iran Visa for Indians
The Islamic Republic of Iran has many interesting sites, rich culture, and spectacular monuments. It attracts many visitors from all over the world. You may travel to Iran for sightseeing, cycling, mountaineering, etc. Although as a tourist you are not allowed to work or run a business in Iran. So, Iran tourist visa will be granted to those who want to travel to Iran and go back to their country.
Each person with a different nationality than Iran who is wishing to enter this country must obtain an Iran Visa. There are various types of visas ranging from a tourist visa to an immigrant visa. Iran Visa for Indians
Depending on the demand and qualifications of the foreigners the embassy may issue different visa types. However, we suggest that you receive your visa before traveling to Iran and before the arranged departure date. Hogo Travel will help you in the process. You can sit back and let us do the job for you.
The visa types fall under two major categories:
- Non-immigrant visa (for those who stay in Iran temporarily)
- Immigrant visa (for those who want to stay in Iran permanently)
In this article, our main focus is on those who wish to stay in Iran for a short while or those who want to receive an Iranian Tourist Visa.
Foreign travelers who wish to visit Iran for touristic purposes or those who travel to Iran for medical treatments are eligible to apply for this visa. Iran visa is valid for 3 months (in other words you can enter Iran for up to 90 days after the issuing date). In addition, Maximum duration of stay is 30 days. You are also able to extend it for three times inside Iran. However, the applicant can apply for a visa through an embassy or consulate of Iran in the desired country or upon arrival at Iran’s international airports. Iran Visa for Indians
If you don’t want to get rejected or not to be allowed to enter Iran (not getting a visa on arrival), you can fill a Visa Application Form through our website and make the process a lot easier.
Two ways of obtaining Iran Visa:
Completing an E-Visa Application Form is mandatory either by the applicant or by the travel agency before flying to Iran. It will take at least 48 hours to be approved. It might also be eligible for you to get a Visa On Arrival (VOA) so it is not always necessary. However, we recommend getting your visa before the departure, since there is the possibility of rejection. The procedure is simple; you just need to take the following steps:
- Fill out our online Visa Application Form
- Wait for the confirmation receipt and payment methods
- Pay the visa fee
- Receive the Visa Authorization Code after the process of the sent application
- Refer to the Iranian embassy or consulate in order to obtain your visa
After the process is done you are able to explore Iran for up to 30 days and you can enter Iran within 90 days after the Visa is issued. Iran Visa for Indians
Iran Visa On Arrival (VOA)
It is another way of obtaining Iran Visa that you are able to pick up your visa at any of the international airports in Iran; these airports include Imam Khomeini Airport (IKA) in Tehran, Mehrabad Airport of Tehran, Shiraz Airport, Mashhad Airport, and Tabriz Airport. But it might be risky to get a VOA.
After arriving at the airport, you will see a Visa on Arrival sign. In case you couldn’t see the sign ask the staff and they can direct you. You only need to fill a simple form with all the information, validate your travel insurance and get it stamped in another counter, pay the fee and submit your passport at the counter. Then you have to sit and wait for about 15 to 20 minutes. Once your name is called, you should pick up your passport and go to the immigration counter.
You’ll need to submit the following documents in order to get an Iran Visa on Arrival:
- A passport with at least 6 months of validity
- A confirmed return ticket within 30 days time frame
- A photo for attaching to the Iran Visa Application form
- Valid travel insurance to show to the related counter (in case you don’t have one, you can buy one online)
- Visa stamp fee (which you should pay to the Iran visa and passport counter at the airport): The cost depends on the nationality of the applicants.
- A hotel reservation voucher or an invitation letter: the invitation letter should be sent by the travel agency at least 48 hours before arriving at the airport. Iran Visa for Indians
The process of obtaining an Iran Visa on Arrival is now a lot easier, despite the invitation letter, getting an authorization code and embassy interviews that have been mandatory for a few years. But overall we can say that the process is getting easier.
Note: Iran Visa on Arrival will not be granted to the citizens of the US, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, India, and Pakistan.
Setting planning and familiarization with the requirements aside, you can present your visa application at the nearest embassy or consulate of the Islamic Republic of Iran. In some countries such as the US or UK, you are able to send your visa application to the Iranian embassy through mailing and they will send you back the stamped visa if you are eligible to get one. We recommend that you consult with a reliable agency, so you wouldn’t get rejected. Iran Visa for Indians
Fees you have to pay to get an Iranian visa
Based on the different procedures, steps you take to obtain an Iran visa and your nationality you need to pay different amounts from 10-150 Euros to receive Iran VOA.
The visa stamp fee cost depends on your passport and your nationality (it depends on the applicant’s country of origin). The amount is decided by the reciprocity in regards to the costs of the Iran Visa fee. It is worth mentioning that only local credit cards are accepted and any Non-Iranian debit or credit card is not accepted. You are required to pay the fee in cash and also in Euros. Iran Visa for Indians
The following table shows the costs mentioned by Iran MFA in 2019. Though, the cost may change by the time you arrive at Iran airports. So we suggest bringing enough cash with you to avoid any inconvenience
Hogo Travel can apply for the visa authorization number on your behalf. We will provide the visa authorization number with a reasonable amount. Yet the stamp fee cost changes due to your nationality and also the embassy or consulate through which you get your visa stamped. Generally, it is less than the price you pay for VOA.
In addition to the visa fee and the service fee, you are required to have valid insurance which mentions Iran clearly; otherwise, you need to buy one. But you shouldn’t be worried as it costs 14-20 Euros. You can purchase the insurance at the airport or in advance or through Hogo Travel.
Useful tips about what you should know before applying
Read these tips if you are willing to apply for a visa online, in order to avoid any rejection:
1) Visa Types: The e-visa portal is defined for all forms of visa, so you should not be worried. However, the citizens of some countries should apply in person through the relevant embassy or consulates of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
2) Passport Expiration date: Applying through the electronic visa portal requires a passport with at least six months of validity added to the travel date. So you have to make sure that it is valid for at least six months after the travel date.
3) The Validity of Visa: After receiving your visa sticker you have to read the expiration date. If you fail to enter Iran within the time limit it expires and you cannot enter Iran and you are required to apply for a visa again. Iran Visa for Indians
4) The Eligibility of Visa: The citizens of some countries are not allowed to enter the Islamic Republic of Iran. So, no visa will be issued for their citizens due to diplomatic and political conflicts.
Free Iran Tourist Visa
Generally, you cannot enter Iran visa without paying the visa fees but eight countries are eligible to get an Iran Visa for free. These countries are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Bolivia, Georgia, Malaysia, Syria, and Venezuela.
If you are not holding the passport of one of these countries you have to pay the visa fee.
Exception: If you enter through the Kish Island (located in the southern region and inside the Persian Gulf) and you are the citizen of countries eligible for VOA you can get a free 14-day Iran tourist visa. However, as we said above Pakistani citizens need to get a visa beforehand. Iran Visa for Indians
Iran Visa Extension
It is really cheap and quite easy to extend your Iran Visa. Visitors can stay in Iran for up to 30 days, even though Iran tourist visa is valid for 3 months. However, you can extend your visa at most two times without difficulty. A 30-day visa plus two times extension give you 90 days. You can apply for your Iran visa extension through any Police Office of Foreign Aliens in major cities.
The documents required for extending your Iran Visa:
In order to have your visa extended, you need to submit the following documents to the office:
- Your passport
- A copy of your passport
- Two passport-size photos (for women it should be with head-scarves)
- Your current visa or e-visa document
- Filled out the visa extension form
- Visa extension payment receipt. The cost of renewing your visa is approximately 345,000 Rials which you must pay in cash at the Melli Bank.
The place where you can extend your visa:
You can extend your Iran visa at Police Offices of Foreign Aliens in major cities as follows:
Tehran: You can extend your visa in Tehran at two immigration offices. One is placed in Dr. Fatemi Junction, towards Vali-e Asr Avenue and the other is located near Sepah Square. It is somehow difficult to extend your visa in Tehran and your extension will be partial rather than thirty days. Iran Visa for Indians
Mashhad: The immigration office of Mashhad is located on Rahnamaee St. You can also apply for Afghan visa in this city because it is easier to apply in Mashhad than in the capital.
Shiraz: The best place to extend your visa is in Shiraz. Extending your visa is quite easy and quick in this city. The immigration office is located on Moddarres Blvd, near Vali-e Asr Square.
Isfahan: You can extend your Iranian visa in Isfahan from the immigration office near Azadi Sq, on Roudaki St.
Yazd: The immigration office is located near Abouzar square, Kashani St. It may take more than a day for your extension to be ready.
Tabriz: It is not the ideal place to extend your visa and we recommend not extending your visa in this city; since there have been many rejections reported in this city. Iran Visa for Indians
Note: Workdays of the offices are from Saturday to Wednesday, from 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM. As they are often crowded we recommended referring to the office early in the morning.
Tips for Visa Extension
1. Apply to extend your visa 1 to 3 days (not earlier) before the expiration of your current visa.
2. For Women, the photo must be with hijab (headscarf).
3. A few questions might be asked from you at the visa extension counter, such as:
- Why do you want to extend your visa?
- How many more days do you want to extend your visa?
- Where are you staying during your trip?
- Are you here for pleasure or work? Iran Visa for Indians
- What do you do?
- Do not mention that you’re staying at a friend’s house. The authorities are very strict about it. Rather, tell them you are staying at a hotel. You can name the hotels you previously stayed in order to convince them completely.
- There is no need to worry if they do not know English at the Melli Bank. Simply say the word “Visa” and they will help you.